Wonderfully sweet and buttery, vanilla cupcakes are easy to make and particularly luscious with lemon icing on top. Follow this easy recipe to achieve perfect cupcakes every time, and freeze leftovers ready for those unexpected guests popping in for a cup of coffee.
A classic vanilla cupcake recipe that is quick and easy to make.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat well until smooth and creamy.
- Place paper cups into muffin tin and fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180° C.
- Cream together 125g margarine and 125g icing sugar
- Add two tablespoons of milk and mix well.
- Add cocoa or food colouring.