This simple and delicious cake made with yoghurt and topped with lemon icing is moist and creamy and ideal for those times when you have to rustle something up at the very last minute. Use the empty yoghurt tub to measure the oil, sugar and flour. By following this easy recipe, your cake will be perfect and ready in just over an hour.Print
An easy cake bake that combines the delicious flavours of lemon and vanilla.
- 175 ml plain yoghurt
- 175 ml sunflower oil
- 350 ml sugar
- 525 ml self-raising flour
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 175g margarine / butter, cut into small blocks
- 350g icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Empty yoghurt into mixing bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix with beater. (use the empty yoghurt tub to measure the oil, sugar and flour.)
- Pour into greased large ring tin.
- Bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool and then turn out.
- Place the margarine in a mixing bowl and beat until soft, now add the icing sugar, lemon juice, boiling water and vanilla essence and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Ice the cake and then sprinkle lemon zest over the top.