Trifles come in many different forms – try this recipe for a scrumptious treat that looks lovely presented in glass jars.
- 2 Swiss roll cakes with buttercream (I just bought from PicknPay)
- 2 Â½ cups strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 250ml whipping cream
- Cut the Swiss Roll into thick slices (3-4cm thick) and use a round cookie cutter to punch circles in the slices of cake.
- Put the first layer of cake in the jar
- Place1/3 cup of strawberries on top of the cake
- Place 1/3 cup whipped cream on top of the strawberries.
- Now place more strawberries, then a piece of cake and finish off with cream and decorate with a strawberry/strawberries or even a cherry if you have. Other options include sprinkling with chocolate shavings.
- Best served immediately or within a few hours.