Deliciously easy, deliciously moist, Naartjie & Vanilla Wildflower Cake – perfect for spring time celebrations!
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 tablespoon naartjie zest
1 tablespoon naartjie juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 Vanilla Pod
2 cups icing sugar
250g smooth cream cheese ( I use the full cream version)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add all dry ingredients into a blender
- Add all wet ingredients and mix together until well combined
- Place into a rectangular baking dish (approx 20 x 30cm) – no need to grease
- Bake for approx 30 mins at 180°C or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Allow to cool before icing.
- To make the icing, simply cream the cream cheese in a blender / mixer until smooth, then add one cup of icing and blend until smooth, then add the next cup of icing sugar and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the icing onto the cooled cake and using a spatula, spread the icing evenly over the cake.
- Decorate with naartjie zest and edible flowers (I used a few dried pink rose petals as well!)