A 5-ingredient recipe for homemade chocolate ice-cream in an ice-cream maker. Quick and easy to make, I wouldn’t think of using any other recipe, it works every time!
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Combine the sugar and the full cream milk and stir to allow the sugar to dissolve a little
- Sieve the cocoa powder into the milk and sugar mixture and mix through
- Add the cream and vanilla essence and mix to combine
- Add the mixture to your pre-chilled ice-cream maker bowl and churn for an hour or until thick and creamy.
- Once ready, transfer the ice-cream to a pre-chilled loaf tin (or any container really!) and place in the freezer to harden for 2-3 hours.