Quick and easy, this delicious 20-minute tuna fish cakes recipe is a winner all round and is a regular feature on our menu plan. They are made from tinned tuna and other basic fridge and pantry staples. I am always surprised at how quickly these fish cakes are made, cooked and ready to eat. You’ll never look back after creating these fish cakes!
The Tartare sauce you can see in the pictures, is something I hash together every time – a little plain mayonnaise (sometimes I add a little yoghurt), chopped cucumber, fresh or dried dill, capers, lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper. You could add gherkins instead of capers. I haven’t included a recipe for it, because I don’t have a recipe for it 🙂 As long as you use those ingredients, or at least most of them, you have tartare sauce!
What to Serve Fish Cakes with?
- tartare sauce
- sliced lemon
- carrot salad or green salad
- homemade fries or potatoes wedges
- bean salad – too good!!
Easiest fish cake recipe ever. It uses tinned tuna and a host of other pantry and fridge staples. It’s delicious and super quick to make.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cans tuna
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley ( or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons dill (optional)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or your choice of cooking oil and use 1/2 cup oil for a very wide frying pan)
- First whisk the eggs and mayonnaise together until well combined (1 minute)
- Add the tuna, onion, parsley, dill, parmesan, lemon juice, zest, salt and breadcrumbs.
- Use your hands to mix until well combined.
- Use your hands to make 10-12 small balls and then flatten slightly to get a patty shape.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the sunflower oil and fry the fish cakes until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with a side salad or veg.