Easiest fish cake recipe ever. It uses tinned tuna and a host of other pantry and fridge staples. It’s delicious and super quick to make.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cans tuna
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley ( or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons dill (optional)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or your choice of cooking oil and use 1/2 cup oil for a very wide frying pan)
- First whisk the eggs and mayonnaise together until well combined (1 minute)
- Add the tuna, onion, parsley, dill, parmesan, lemon juice, zest, salt and breadcrumbs.
- Use your hands to mix until well combined.
- Use your hands to make 10-12 small balls and then flatten slightly to get a patty shape.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the sunflower oil and fry the fish cakes until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with a side salad or veg.