A hearty Creamy Potato and Celery Soup which just happens to be vegan at the same time. Simple to make and delicious to eat, you’ll love this nutritious soup.
- 700g baby potatoes, cut in half
- +-15 celery stalks
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 60ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- On a baking tray, place the baby potatoes, celery stalks, garlic cloves (wrap the garlic cloves together in tinfoil to prevent them getting burnt) and onion. Drizzle with the olive oil and add a generous amount of freshly cracked black pepper and salt.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes until potatoes are soft and browned slightly.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a medium-sized pot, unwrap the garlic from the tinfoil and add that too. Pour in the vegetable stock and using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Use a food processor or stand blender if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with freshly baked bread or toasted ciabatta and vegan butter.