The most delicious Chinese meal ever – classic sweet and sour pork or chop suey.
- 700g pork tenderloin
- 1–2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Â¼ – Â½ cup water
- Â¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Maizena mixed with a tbsp of water
- 1 tsp salt
- Â¼ cup vinegar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1Â Â½ tbsp soy sauce
- Â¾ cup green pepper, chopped
- Â¼ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- Cut the uncooked pork tenderloin roughly into strips 5cm long by 1.5cm wide.
- Brown meat slightly in oil.
- Add the water and vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cover the pork until cooked and tender.
- Combine brown sugar, corn starch, salt, pineapple juice and soy sauce into a separate saucepan.
- Cook until slightly thick, stirring continuously.
- Pour mixture over the pork and simmer for five minutes.
- Add green pepper, onion and pineapple chunks and simmer for another 2-3 minutes .
- Serve over fluffy white rice or noodles to complete the meal.