A traditional US treat, s’mores are a combination of biscuit, chocolate and marshmallow – let’s make some!
- You will need 4 consol jars or large jam jars for this recipe.
- 1 packet digestive biscuits
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/8 cups cake flour
- Â¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
- Â½ cup milk
- Â½ heaped cup of full cream plain yoghurt
- Â½ cup sunflower oil (or you can use melted butter)
- 2 bags marshmallows
- Crush the biscuits in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin or your fingers
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and once well mixed through, divide the mixture into 4 parts and press into the base of each jar.
- Now add all the cake ingredients together in one bowl and mix for 1-2 minutes until everything is well blended.
- Using a Â¼ cup measure, scoop the batter into the jars until about Â½ way up the jar. (you can eat any leftover mixture yummy!!)
- Now listen up â€“ put the jars into a square baking dish / tin and put 2 cups of warm water into the tin (not each jar!) â€“ this will help to cook the cake. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Take the jars out the oven, and put as many marshmallows you can possibly put into the top of each jar.
- Put the jars back into the oven and grill the marshmallows until they are nicely browned. Serve and enjoy!!