A tasty recipe to combine the flavours of lasagne in a hearty soup!
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
450g lean mince
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken stock (use 2 stock cubes to 4 cups water)
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons dried Basil
Â½ teaspoon dried Oregano
Â½ teaspoon dried Rosemary
Â½ teaspoon dried Thyme
1 teaspoon brown or white sugar
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (and extra for garnishing)
Salt and ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 cup of bowtie pasta or similar
1 cup grated Mozzarella
Â½ cup finely grated/shredded Parmesan
Optional: Ricotta Cheese
- HeatÂ the olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat and sautÃ© the onions until soft. Now add the mince and cook until browned.
- Now add the garlic and sautÃ© for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil oregano, rosemary, thyme, sugar, and parsley and mix through.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- Add the pasta and bring the soup to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for approx. 20 minutes. Add more water if necessary (1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- Pour soup into bowls and serve garnished with mozzarella, parmesan and chopped parsley.
- Optional: Add a dollop of Ricotta cheese or sour cream to each bowl along with the other cheeses for a truly sublime winterâ€™s soup!
- Serve with freshly baked bread and butter.