Delicious, warming and oh-so-tasty, oh-so-easy leek and potato soup recipe, with creamy and not so creamy options. TOOOO good!
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 30ml Butter
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- Â½ vegetable stock cube (you can use Chicken stock as an alternative)
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes in 4 cups of water until soft, then turn heat down to medium. Keep the water â€“ do not discard as this will form the base of the soup.
- Fry the onion in the butter for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until soft, then add the leeks and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked onions and leeks to the potatoes (in the water)
- Add half a stock cube and mix through.
- Add the cream and mix through.
- Using a stick blender, blend for 30 seconds just to create a smoother consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Garnish with crispy bacon, croutons, spring onions and a dash of olive oil. Serve with warm Ciabatta bread.