Don’t you just love, and need, more delicious one pot wonder meals in your life? That taste amazing, and take 15 minutes start to finish? Me too! Here is the recipe for you! A 15 minute creamy mushroom alfredo!
- 200g spaghetti /pasta (I used Wholewheat)
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g mushrooms, sliced (I used Portobellini mushrooms â€“ The small brown ones)
- 250ml cream
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- 8 Basil Leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain the water and add theÂ olive oilÂ and mix through.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, heat the butter in a medium-sized frying pan and add the garlic and mushrooms â€“ fry until golden brown. You may need to cook half the mushrooms at a time if your pan is not big enough â€“ you donâ€™t want too many mushrooms in the pan at one time otherwise they will create too much liquid.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the spaghetti to the pan and toss to mix with the butter, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add the parmesan, cream and basil as well as a generous sprinkling of salt freshly ground black pepper. Mix through