What to do with leftover chicken? Make round two delicious with this recipe for chicken strips and spicy rice, easy, quick, and super yummy!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast (I used a Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fresh lemon for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- A little salt and pepper
- Cook the rice
- In the mean time, fry the onion in the butter and steam the frozen veggies until cooked (you could also just microwave them for 2 minutes)
- Drain the rice once cooked and add the onion and vegetables. Mix through.
- Shred the chicken breast and add to the rice.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a microwaveable bowl or cup and heat for 1 minute or until the butter has melted. Stir well and pour all over the rice and mix through.
- Sprinkle parsley over and serve with slices of lemon and a fresh green salad