Tasty roasted carrot and ginger soup with creme fraiche and coriander. Easy recipe, suitable for vegetarians and ready in 50 minutes. Healthy and perfect for Meatless Monday dinner options.
- 9 carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 small cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 6 cm stem of ginger
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 cup Creme Fraiche / Sour Cream
- 1/4 Coriander, to garnish
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Chop the carrots into small chunks and place on a baking tray.
- Add the ground coriander and allspice to the olive oil, mix through then drizzle over the carrots. Make sure all the carrots are well-coated in oil, even if it means using your hands to help coat all the carrots.
- Wrap the peeled (and whole) garlic cloves and stem of ginger in tinfoil and place it on the tray with the carrots.
- Bake at 200 Â° C for 35-45 minutes until the carrots are soft and lightly browned.
- Unwrap the ginger and garlic and place in a medium-sized pot, along with the cooked carrots.
- Add the vegetable stock and using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Heat the soup over medium-high heat and to serve, add a tablespoon of Creme Fraiche to each bowl, sprinkle with fresh coriander and freshly cracked black pepper and salt to taste.