The easiest and tastiest Lasagne to make when you are short of time! With only a handful of ingredients too!
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 3 cups of milk
- Salt and pepper
- 500g mince
- 140g Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato Puree
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for AssemblingÂ
- 8 sheets Lasagne – 4 sheets in each layer
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C
- Make the mince first – simply add the entire jar of sundried tomato pesto to a medium sized pan as well as the mince. Cook on medium heat and stir the pesto into the mince. Continue until the mince has cooked through.
- Add the tomato puree and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, make the cheese sauce. Add the butter to a saucepan and melt over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to form a smooth paste. A whisk is crucial here – secret number 1. Add the milk slowly, a little by little and you will see the sauce thickening (secret number 2 – add the milk bit by bit). Continue to stir the sauce to avoid lumps. The sauce will thicken and then you will add a little more milk and so on until all the milk is used up.
- Add 2 cups grated cheese to the sauce and stir to melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, layer your Lasagne in a rectangular dish*. Start with a thin layer of cheese sauce on the bottom of the dish, followed by a layer of Lasagne sheets (I used 4 per layer).
- Now add half the mince mixture and follow that with a layer of cheese sauce and then another layer of Lasagne sheets. Add the last layer of mince and finish off with a layer of cheese sauce*
- Sprinkle 1 cup grated cheddar on top
- Cook for 35 minutes at 180Â°C
* See Notes
- My Dish was not much bigger than a 30 x 25 cm dish
- I have seen various different ways to layer the layers but the important thing is to not place the Lasagne sheets as the bottom layer – put a layer of mince or cheese sauce first. Finish off with cheese sauce always.