A delicious Vegan appetiser, this Butternut and Red Pepper soup is high in nutrients, quick to make, delicious to snack on and a fun way to serve up an appetiser.
- 500g butternut, chopped into medium-sized squares
- 2 red peppers, sliced into quarters (seeds removed)
- 60ml olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- Handful of Herbs for garnishing: rocket or rosemary or basil
- Arrange butternut and red peppers on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and grind salt and black pepper generously over all the veggies. Roast for 50-60 minutes at 180°C, until soft and slightly charred around the edges.
- Add the roasted butternut and red peppers as well as vegetable stock to a pot. Use a handheld blender (or use standing blender) to puree the soup. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Dish out into small ceramic or enamel cups, top with sliced spring onions and a spoonful of fresh herbs (try rocket or rosemary or basil)
- Serve with toasted ciabatta and vegan butter.
Serves: 8 people as an appetiser (dished into small cups)