Tom’s Famous Soup is made with fuss-free ingredients and a simple method, full of good nutrients and lots of flavour – made by a kid for kids and adults alike.
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tin tomato soup (or 1/2 cup tomato puree)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock (+ more if needed)Salt to taste
- In a large pot, add the onions and fry until soft and caramelised
- Add the potatoes, carrots, tomato soup (or puree), tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock and stir through
- Allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes until all vegetables are soft and tender and the flavour has developed.
- Add salt to taste.
- Blend with a stick blender for an ultra smooth soup – For ultra picky eaters, like my son, you can sieve the soup to remove any tomato skins or seeds.