Delicious and easy tomato-based creamy chicken sauce that is perfect for a weeknight meal for the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half (to thin them out)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach, sliced/shredded
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 1 TBS oil and 1 TBS butter. Allow the butter to melt and the oil to heat up. Then, add the chicken pieces into the pan as well as the garlic and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes a side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in the remaining 1 TBS of oil and heat the oil up. Add the onions and allow to brown beautifully.
- Now add the mushrooms and allow to brown. Once browned, add the sundried tomato paste and stir through.
- Add the cream and parmesan cheese, stir through and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the baby spinach leaves and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve with mashed potato, rice or your favourite pasta.