This renowned salad originates from Thailand, and got its name because of the splashing sound of beef juices falling on a hot grill. Along with greens and fresh papaya, the perfect Thai beef waterfall salad can be achieved by following this easy recipe.
Beef Waterfall Salad
- 1-2 sirloin steaks, depending on the amount of meat you prefer
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large bowl lettuce leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Handful of fresh mint or basil leaves, lightly chopped or torn
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup fresh papaya, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, left whole or sliced in half
- 2 tbsp fish sauce*
- 3 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground peanuts
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks.
- Place the steaks in the fridge to marinate for 30 min to an hour.
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare and mix all your salad ingredients.
- Grill the steak until rare to medium rare.
- While steak is cooking, toss the salad with the salad dressing.
- Serve the salad into individual portions.
- Slice the steak as thinly as you can.
- Top each portion with a generous amount of sliced sirloin and serve immediately.
*Ingredient Substitution:[br]For one tablespoon fish sauce, use one tablespoon soy sauce mixed with one anchovy fillet, finely minced.
Thank you for writing this. It’s motivating to know that is creating this item.