Often served at the Shongweni Farmer’s Market in KZN, this Avocado sarmie is not only incredibly tasty but it’s healthy and looks good too. Whip up these gourmet delights for breakfast or for a casual lunch with friends.Print
You can’t go wrong with a tasty, healthy avo sandwich.
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 2 slices of bacon
- Â½ round cooked feta
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Â½ cup coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices Rye Bread
- Fry or grill the bacon and then cut it into small pieces.
- Scrape out the Avo from its skin, place in a bowl and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
- Smear the Avo mix onto the Rye Bread (which you can toast or use fresh)
- Sprinkle the bacon, feta and bell pepper over the Avo
- Top with the coriander