Try and say Bacon & Basil Pesto Pasta fast 3 times. That’s your basic brain workout for today. Now try and say it backwards. That’s your advanced brain workout for the day.
It’s a pleasure.
This recipe is again a 5-ingredient recipe. I am LOVING cooking with just 5-ingredients (okay we’re not counting, salt, pepper and olive oil okay?). I mean 5 ingredients – all our brains can cope with that right? Maybe not 5 kids, but 5 ingredients, we can all do. Yes? Yes! I can almost see my brain doing a Namasté salute.
If you missed the other 5-ingredient recipe I posted recently, it was this tasty Chicken Teriyaki dish
This little bowl of pasta is mixed not only with basil pesto and crispy bacon bits, but also fried cherry tomatoes and creamy feta (It must be the creamy feta. It makes all the difference honestly). All the ingredients just go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong. 🙂 Í’m sorry, its just one of those really silly days. Gosh.
Okay so let’s get making this baby – it’s only going to take 20 minutes to make as well. I know, I’m nearly gonna cry.
Let me know how it goes.
Bacon & Basil Pesto Pasta
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: Serves 2
A delicious 5-ingredient pasta dish for lunch or dinner that is ready in 20 minutes. This Bacon and Basil pesto pasta is perfect for a last minute dinner idea or a hearty lunch!
- 2 cups pasta (I used Penne)
- 200g streaky bacon
- 3/4 cherry tomatoes. sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup creamy feta
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- In a medium-sized pot, boil the pasta in 2 1/2 cups water, until al dente (cooked but not soggy!) and then drain and set aside.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until crispy and then chop into small bits and set aside.
- Now using the same pan as you cooked the bacon in, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and fry the tomatoes until soft and juicy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Now, assemble everything! Mix the pesto through the pasta, add the bacon bits, cherry tomatoes and top off with creamy feta. Tadaaa!
This recipe serves 2 people so increase the quantities to serve 4 or more.