Fried chicken has deep roots in American cultural history, but has for a long time been a common staple worldwide. When chicken coated in a breading mixture is deep fried, as illustrated in this easy recipe, it seals the juices and succeeds in satisfying just about everyone’s taste buds.Print
There is something about juicy breaded chicken! It’s delicious! Follow this recipe and make everyone happy!
- vegetable oil
- 1kg chicken pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- Pour the vegetable oil into a deep frying pan until it is 5cm deep. Alternatively you can use a deep fryer.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the flour.
- Once coated place the pieces into the hot oil.
- Cook for about 30-35 minutes turning once, as the oil should be deep enough to cover the pieces when it boils.
- To make the gravy leave about two tablespoons of the oil from the frying pan and add two tablespoons butter and four tablespoons flour.
- Blend and cook until golden brown.
- Gradually stir in one cup milk and one cup hot water.
- Stir until smooth and thickened
- Add salt and black pepper.