These fish cakes are delicious served as a canapé on skewers or as a light starter served with Asian greens and lemon wedges. This recipe makes about 18 cakes but it can make more or less depending on how big you create the fish cakes. Total preparation time is approximately 40-50 minutes.Print
Thai Fish Cakes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 18 cakes 1x
Delicious flavours combine too create a Thai-inspired fishcake meal.
- 6 portions hake fillets (skin removed)
- 1 large potato, boiled and mashed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 100ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 100ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 spring onions, chopped (white part only)
- 6 fresh chives, chopped
- 50ml flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (use homemade / bought breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup oil for frying
- Lemon and Tartar sauce to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200ÂºC, place the fish on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, 1 crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper. Cook the fish for 25 minutes.
- Flake the fish in a bowl and then add the potato, zest, coriander, parsley, garlic, spring onions, chives, flour, butter and eggs and mix together well. Add salt and black pepper.
- Shape the mixture into golf ball-sized portions and then roll them in the breadcrumbs to coat the surface evenly.
- Place the fish cakes on a plate and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to cool them down. This will help to retain their shape during frying.
- Heat the oil in a small pot and bring to the boil. Add the balls and fry until golden brown. You may have to do this in a few batches.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve with lemon wedges and Tartar sauce.
Technology becomes the teacher. Thanks for sharing this.