This recipe isn’t called “Easy Custard Slices” for nothing – it makes use instant pudding/custard powder for the filling and pre-made puff pastry so that you get consistent results every time! Even better, you can whip these delicious treats up in less than 45 minutes, which makes them a practical option for last-minute tea parties. Make sure to serve them fresh for maximum flavour.Print
Easy Custard Slices
A no fuss recipe for delicious tea time treats. Serve fresh and hot!
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 1 box Moirâ€™s or Royal Instant Pudding (vanilla flavour)
- Â½ cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a flat surface (it must be completely de-frosted).
- Cut pastry into 6cm x 8cm rectangles and place on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the pastry is cooking, combine the instant pudding powder with 450ml cream (do not use milk as per box instructions) and beat with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes. Refrigerate until pastry is ready.
- Slice the pastry rectangles in half, place a spoonful of custard into each one and then put the tops back on.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve fresh.
Oooooh,….aaaaaah,…what a divine dessert!! so rich & creamy & so fantastic!! Pure indulgence!!!
Wow! how devine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, you definitely don’t want to be left alone in a room with a tin full of these babies! Very dangerous! 🙂
This recipe is absolutely devine, just tried it…..i used double cream from woolwrths to mix the instant pudding and everyone can’t stop talking about how wonderful it is. 🙂
How long before the time can I make these e.g. the day before??
Hi Moira – bake them on the day, they are best that way!
I made these. Absolutely delicious and easy to make. What a treat ☺
This is a slight variation of what I make and everyone always raves about it… I find the guys esp seem to like it … I use 250ml cream and 100ml milk, Beat it for just a few minutes and it quickly sets in fridge by the time the pastry is ready.
so easy to make and tasty as wel..my guest were wowed by these slices
Hi. Can someone tell if the baking tray needs to be greased? Thank you
Hi Julian, you dont need to grease the baking tray.
it is a real treat! and easy too.
It looked awesome and so tasty.
Is fresh cream or dessert cream used ?
You can use either!
I think you can bake this a day in advance and put the pastry in an airtight container. I make th custard with Cream and milk about 2-3 hrs before I need them and then fill. Absolutely divine and quick
A winner! Tried it over last week-end and had to fight the kids off. As soon as cholesterol lowers I’ll make it again.
I love this website!!
Thank-you Linda!!!! 😀
I love you period, this website is my life saver. You are appreciated
Wow 100% on point….so easy n yet so so Yummy