Every month we’re going to post a mouth-watering recipe courtesy of Food & Home Entertaining magazine. The recipe we have chosen from the November issue is sweet potato fritters with bacon and crème fraîche. This easy recipe serves 4–6 people and only takes 20 mins to make.Print
A combination of delicious flavours with sweet potato, honey, cinnamon, bacon and creme fraiche!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 60ml (Â¼ cup) cake flour
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cloves
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- oil, for frying
- 6 slices of bacon, fried
- 125ml (Â½ cup) crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
- 60ml (Â¼ cup) honey
- Wrap the potatoes in a kitchen cloth, squeeze out as much liquid as possible and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, flour and spices.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and carefully place 30ml (2 tbsp) of potato mixture at a time into the hot oil. Flatten the fritters with a fork and fry for about 2 minutes. Flip over and fry for a furtherÂ minute. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel.
- Serve the fritters hot, topped with bacon and crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and drizzled with honey.
Recipe and styling by Anna Montali, photograph by Graeme Borchers; extract from Sweeten the pot(ato) published in Food & Home Entertaining November 2009 issue.