This is my friend Ursula’s easy go-to starter for book clubs, dinner clubs and general family get togethers…and after having tasted it and hearing how EASY it was to make, I thought I had to share it with you.Print
Camembert, Onion & Cherry Tomato Starter
A perfect go-to starter for dinner parties and family get-togethers!
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 30ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 1 round of Camembert Cheese (125g round)
- Small tub of cherry tomatoes (use some whole and some cut in half)
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200Â°C
- In a shallow casserole dish (I used my Le Creuset pan), pour in the olive oil, scatter the onions around the pan and add the tomatoes.
- Pour the balsamic and sprinkle the sugar over the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 200Â°C
- Now add the camembert to the centre of the dish and cook for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with grilled pita bread or melba toast.
I totally agree with you.