I absolutely cannot believe that I have not shared this AMAZING recipe with you yet. I usually make this on cold days, when the soul needs a bit of love and warmth. It goes down so well! It really is the BEST chicken soup recipe I have ever tasted. And it’s quick and easy too, like most recipes on this website 🙂 . I always feel like I need to reinforce that point though, because, well, it really is easy and I know a lot of people can be scared off by long, complicated recipes. Here you go my lovelies!Print
The best, most soul-warming chicken soup ever. Treat your family on a chilly evening!
- 4 chicken breasts, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken stock cube mixed in 650ml warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium to large potato, peeled and cut into small cubes (about 1cm)
- 1 tin of sweetcorn (not the creamed version, just the plain corn)
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (to serve)
- Boil the chicken in enough water to cover all 4 pieces and add Â½ teaspoon salt. Boil for approximately 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take the chicken out but
- do not throw the water away
- , we will use this to add to the chicken stock a bit later.
- Shred the chicken into small strips.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the potato and corn.
- Add 650ml of the water used to cook the chicken in.
- Now add the 650ml warm water and 1 chicken stock cube.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Take the pot off the stove and with a stick blender, blend the mixture for 1-2 minutes until it is relatively smooth. If you prefer a chunkier soup, donâ€™t blend it for as long.
- Now add the tablespoon of cream and stir through (you may add more if you like )
- Add the shredded chicken.
- Add the chopped parsley to serve. This soup goes really well with a fresh sourdough bread or rye rolls. Mmmm! Enjoy!