This is my own low-fat, hip-friendly, watching-what-you-eat-approved nommy broccoli chicken recipe!! Whoa! This dish is so full of taste and yet so light and healthy! Did I mention you can cook this in 15 minutes flat? Uhuh! So we’re ticking all the boxes here – easy, family friendly, nutritious and low in fat. If you don’t have broccoli or sugar snap peas you can easily substitute one of them with sliced baby marrow or green beans.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
When you need a recipe that is light, heart healthy and easy on the hips but also delicious AND quick to make? Here it is!
- 6 medium sized chicken breasts
- Â½ cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 6 florets of broccoli (this is about half a whole broccoli)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (whole)
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Grind a little salt and pepper over the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and marinate with the fish sauce and soy sauce for 5 minutes.
- Now, heat the oil in a frying pan and once hot, place the breasts in the pan and brown each side. Once browned, turn the temperature down to low-medium and pour the soy and fish sauce marinade over the chicken and allow the sauce to reduce for 5 minutes (which really just means allowing some of the liquid to evaporate so we’re left with a flavoursome sauce)
- Now add the broccoli, sugar snap peas and the almonds and allow to cook for another 5 minutes on low-medium. If the pan looks too dry, just add a little water to the pan â€“ you donâ€™t want a super dry meal! I usually spoon a little of the sauce over the vegetables whilst they are cooking just so they also get some of the great flavour.
- The chicken breasts should be cooked by now but if not, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with wholewheat spaghetti, baby potatoes or cous cous and enjoy!