Such a quick and easy alternative to the store bought versions of Millionaires Shortbread and arguably much better too!! I whipped it up in 30 minutes flat. Ridiculously delicious, you need to make this for your next tea party!
Easy Millionaires Shortbread
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 25 squares 1x
A perfect tea time treat that looks and tastes so much better than store-bought versions!
- 25 Shortbread biscuits (so you will need to buy two standard sized packets)
- 65g Melted Butter
- 150g Butter
- 1 cup Brown or Treacle Sugar
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 400g (4 slabs) Dark Baking Chocolate, cut up into small chunks
- 100g (1 slab) White Baking Chocolate, cut up into small chunks
- Crush the shortbread biscuits and then add the melted butter and mix well. Press the crumbs into the base of a rectangular tin (I used a brownie / swiss roll tin) so that it forms a solid base.
- Chill in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the sugar and the rest of the butter in a small saucepan slowly, until melted, stirring gently.
- Add the Condensed Milk and quickly bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Once it is boiling, cook for a minute or two until it has thickened slightly and then remove from the heat and pour over the biscuit base.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then place in the refrigerator until set.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the white chocolate separately. I melted the white chocolate in the microwave and the dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- Pour the dark chocolate over the caramel and then once that has spread out evenly, dot spoonfuls of the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate. Swirl with a toothpick or fork to make a pretty pattern.
- Chill in the fridge until set and then cut into squares and enjoy. To make it easier to cut through the chocolate, dip your knife into boiling water before cutting.
- Store in the fridge in a sealable container.