I had to take a dessert to a dinner last night and the quickest thing I could think of to make was these Mini Lemon Meringue Pie Pots. It literally has 6 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make. A great option if you’re in a hurry and a slightly healthier version of a lemon cheesecake and a cheat’s version of a lemon meringue pie! So here we are folks, Lemon Meringue Pie Pots!
Mini Lemon Meringue Pie Pots
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 - 10 servings 1x
Delicious lemon dessert that is super quick to whip up!
- 1 packet tennis biscuits
- Â½ cup butter, melted
- 1kg tub full cream yoghurt
- Â¾ cup lemon curd
- Mini Meringues (you can buy these from SPAR or Pick n Pay or your local home industries shop)
- Lemon or Lime Zest
- Crush the tennis biscuits and then add the melted butter, mix together and divide amongst ramekin dishes (I had 8 ramekins and used 2 heaped tablespoons each), press the crumbs down to form a biscuit base. Place the ramekins in the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the base to set.
- Mix the yoghurt and lemon curd together (just do this by hand with aÂ spoon, they mix together very easily.)
- Fill the ramekins with the yoghurt mixture and then leave in theÂ fridge until ready to serve.Â when ready to serve, topÂ with grated lemon or lime zest and a mini meringue (or two) 🙂
I made 8 ramekins but could easily have done 10 ramekins.
I totally agree with you.