Hello strangers! I have a tasty chicken surprise for you today – Chicken Mango Curry. Never thought of mango + chicken as a pair? No? There is chemistry between them I tell you. Not glaringly obvious that they’re a great match but once you get to know them, you learn they have some kind of symbiosis going on. Add in a little curry powder and vinegar and you start getting serious magic happening, and then coconut milk, well I mean, I say no more.
It’s got all the right ingredients so you can’t really go wrong with it. Even if you don’t blend half the mangoes as I describe in the method, you’ll still end up with a pretty darn tasty curry. And the raisins – add them!! You won’t be sorry unless you’re a find-and-pick-the-raisin-out-of-everything kind of person, then ignore this line 🙂
I really wanted to write more but I’ll save you this time 🙂 I need to dash and pick kids up from school and do all those mommy things! So Enjoy and let me know what you think of the chicken + mango symphony?Print
Mango Chicken Curry
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 3 TBS Butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 TBS curry powder (or 2–3 TBS for a spicier curry)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 ripe mangoes, cut into cubes
- 2 TBS white wine vinegar
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coriander
- In a medium sized pan, fry the onion and pepper until soft
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry powder, cumin and turmeric and fry for a minute or two to release the flavours.
- Add the coconut milk
- Blend half the mango cubes using a stick blender to create a smooth mango sauce and then add it to the pan and mix it together with that delicious coconut milk you just added.
- Add the vinegar and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the other half of the mango cubes (leaving them whole) as well as the salt and coriander (leaving a little for garnishing) and stir through.
- Add the chicken, cover the pan with a lid and allow the chicken to cook for 7-10 mins.
- Optional: Add a Tablespoon or two of raisins – the yummiest part if you ask me!
This is an excellent feature, an eye-opener for sure!
Like to the workers i just want to provide accessto their own wage collect and not any other information in my consideration like payments and other details