A Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef and mushrooms served in a sauce with sour cream, beef stroganoff has been a popular meal for over a century. Follow this easy step-by-step recipe and serve with rice or pasta.
- 625-750g fillet, beef or soft shin
- 2 small onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp flour
- 90g butter
- 150ml sour cream
- pinch of mustard
- Cut the meat into thin strips 50mm long and season.
- Fry the chopped onion in hot butter until golden.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the onions.
- Add the meat and fry for five minutes.
- Blend the sour cream with the flour and mustard, and pour into the pan.
- Stir well and cover the pan. Simmer gently for 10 minutes – until meat is tender.
- Add more sour cream before serving.
Wish you the best. Sounds cool!