There is definitely something to be said for making faces with food. I showed my little boy the rabbit I had created (see pic below) and his eyes lit up with wonderment! “What’s that Mommy?” he said with a smile on his face…”It’s a bunny mommy made for you and it’s your supper” I said, trying to contain my own excitement. Having piqued his interest, he then proceeded to devour the whole thing and then asked for another one, which of course I would have made if I had had more eggs. But we were fresh out! Anyway, this meal is great because it contains a whole egg yolk and half a cup of cheese (and some cream) per portion so it’s full of protein….and don’t forget the toast! So all in all it’s a quick, easy and healthy meal for your little one.
Welsh Rarebit for Kids
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Nothing beats seeing your kids loving their food! Create this cute Welsh Rarebit for kids and watch them get all their protein in a jiffy!
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cream (or milk)
- 8 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 2 pieces bread, cut into circles and toasted
- 4 Snap Peas (Mangetout) for the ears
- 4 Peas for the eyes
- 2 Olives for the nose
- Chives for the Whiskers
- 2 Baby Carrots for the carrots in the Bunny’s mouth
- Spring Onion – Use the white part for the teeth
- Cut bread into circles (I used the top of a tin canister to use as a template – I just cut around that)
- Mix the cheese, egg yolks, cream, Worcestershire Sauce and salt together.
- Toast the bread.
- Place the cheese mixture over the toast – this recipe serves 2 so you will split the mixture between the two pieces of toast! 🙂
- Place underÂ the grill for 4-5 minutes until the cheese has melted and browned slightly. If your grill has a low and a high setting, use the low setting.
- Now decorate the cheesy pieces of toast and transform themÂ into cute little Bunnies. Have fun!
Thank you, i really appreciate with you.