My boys are loving these little no-bake chocolate oat cookies aka “instant” cookies. And to be honest, so am I. The wickedness lies in the fact that they only take like 10 minutes to make, start to finish. And then they are easy to eat of course.
It’s the perfect recipe to get kids baking together, the ingredient list is basic and they get to see the finished product quickly. If you are not a peanut butter fan, then you could try any other nut butter including Nutella (wicked level 100). And if oats are not your thing, you can easily substitute them for Rice Crispies or Cornflakes. So the recipe provides a wondrous level of flexibility.
If you like this recipe then you will also like the Marshmallow Rice Crispy Treats as well as these No-Bake Coconut & Nutella Squares.Print
Chocolate Oat Instant Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 12–15 1x
A quick and easy recipe for chocolate oat cookies – perfect for kids to make as there is no baking time involved.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 cups oats
- Add the butter, sugar, milk, cocoa and salt to a medium sized pot and once the butter has melted, mix the ingredients together and then bring the ingredients to a boil for 1 minute (but no longer than that).
- Remove from the heat, stir in the peanut butter and vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
- Add the oats and stir until well coated with the chocolate sauce.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop the cookie mixture into cupcake cases or directly onto wax paper.
- Allow to cool for an hour or so *
* I pop mine in the fridge to speed the process up but you can easily leave them out to cool for 1-2 hours).