This exceptionally simple yet moreish Broccoli Salad is the yummiest thing I have tasted this year! It has the perfect combination of flavours and textures and the dressing, the dressing! Don’t get me started on the dressing! You just have to try it for yourself. It is lunch, it is dinner, it is a side to lunch and a side to dinner and I am currently contemplating it as a breakfast option too.
Broccoli is one of the best fibrous vegetables you could have in your diet so you can’t really have a enough of this green machine. The more I think of it actually, the more I think it is totally acceptable and viable as a breakfast option! Yes it is.
Toss all the salad ingredients together, make the dressing and voila, breakfast/lunch/dinner is served!
My lovely au pair Bianca who helps me out when I can’t physically be in two places at once, has made this salad for us countless times. For that reason the salad has just naturally assumed the name of Bianca’s Broccoli salad…plus who doesn’t love a little bit of alliteration? Beautiful Bianca’s Best Broccoli Salad!
Best Broccoli Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings (side) 1x
Delicious and Healthy Broccoli Salad that is quick and easy to prepare
- 450g broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds / pecan nuts / cashew nuts
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (heaped) cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Optional extra: 1/3 cup edamame beans or snap peas
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- Combine all salad ingredients together
- Drizzle with dressing and mix to combine