Frikkadels – South African braised meat balls – is a popular comfort food. This easy recipe will give you great results every time. Just make sure you get all the ingredients together before you get started – as there are quite a few spices involved!
- 500g minced beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Form the meatballs by rolling portions into balls and pressing down slightly to flatten them.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs on both sides.
- Reduce heat and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Serve on top of creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
I love your recepies
Quick and easy to prepare and not expensive I love it
Was cheap and easy to make. added it to some tomato chutney and was excellent
The kids thoroughly enjoyed it hey! So simple to make!
Ver easy, feel like a real Chef now… Lol
Hi I’m Glenn I like your recipe just like my Mothers that I miss too I’m in my 60s but still make them
and love it with the mash patato and brazed tomato
What would i have done without your recipe for frikkadels, kids loved it and i had to hide some for me for later!
Sylvia du Toit
best backlink indexing service
wqiwbcovl tehlo ejldhuc mkvt qxbkxvenjhpdyks
This is an excellent feature, an eye-opener for sure!