Minestrone is a classic Italian soup and perfect for a cold winter’s day. It may sound like a lot of work when you read the list of ingredients, but it’s really just all about chopping and combining everything together.Print
The classic Italian soup that is perfect for cold days, and easier than you think!
2 onions, finely chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 sticks celery, chopped
2 large potatoes, chopped into squares
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 Â½ litres water
1 cube beef stock
1 cube vegetable stock
2 tins peeled, chopped tomatoes
1 tin cannellini beans
salt and pepper, to taste
parmesan cheese, grated for garnish
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot, add onions and cook till soft and golden brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic, green beans and tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer semi-covered for 1-1 Â½ hours. The soup should be fairly thick at this point. If it is not, leave the lid off and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and spaghetti, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread and a little grated parmesan.
Exactly. Nice Information