This salad can be served hot or cold, depending on the weather but it is delicious either way!Print
Sweet Potato Salad
A delicious salad served hot or cold, depending on the weather!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (leave unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 5–6 red salad onions / spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander, chopped
- Mix the coconut milk with the sweet chilli sauce and set aside.
- Steam / boil the sweet potatoes until soft, discard the water and cut potatoes into medium -sized cubes.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture over the potatoes, add the coriannder and the salad onions and mix through.
- Allow to cool or if it is to be served as a warm side dish, keep it in the oven at 60 degrees until ready to serve. You may need to add a little more coconut milk if if dries up too much.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Yum, this looks delicious! Something different to your normal potato salad will definitely be a hit at my next braai 🙂
This is so different form any potato salad recipe I’ve seen – I love the idea of coconut milk with sweet potatoes. Great idea, thanks.
I know, my friend told me about the recipe and I thought, wow what great combinations!
Thanks. I can see this a being useful.