Oh sweet deliciousness! Tasty gluten-free choc-chip cookies! And have a look at how easy the method is! Aha! Once you’ve tried these babies, why not try these amazing gluten-free vanilla cupcakes
Note: You should be able to get gluten free self-raising flour from PicknPay, Dis-Chem or a health shop. You’ll be able to get xantham gum from a specialist baking shop or possibly a health shop.
Gluten-Free Choc Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 30 biscuits 1x
If gluten-free and delicious is what you need from your food, this is IT! Delicious Choc Chip Cookies!
- 4 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 280g butter, softened
- 1 Â½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Â½ cups of chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer until light and creamy.
- Mix flour, xantham gum and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture and add vanilla extract
- Fold in the flour mix bit by bit
- Add chocolate chips
- Roll dough into balls and gently press onto baking sheets
- Chill in the fridge for one hour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Bake cookies for 12- 15 minutes or until golden
The measurements for this recipe is totally wrong. I measured everything as specified and ended up with very soft / liquidy dough. I had to add 2 extra cups of flour to make it more workable dough. I think it is way too much butter for the the amount of flour. Please make necessary adjustments to the recipe.