A deliciously creamy, tomato-y sauce with chicken and fresh baby spinach, this Tasty Tuscan Chicken recipe is sure to be a weeknight favourite! I have made it with and without the mushrooms and maybe I am a little biased but it tastes way better with mushrooms, #justsaying. My family loved this recipe except for the spinach, that threw the kids a little of course, you know, the greenery in a dish seems to have that affect on little people. They are getting better and more adventurous with their eating though as they get older. Anyone else find that with their kids too? Fussiness levels go down? They start off not super fussy then they get fussy and then they seem to taper off to “not too fussy again”. It’s the fussy rollercoaster guys.
I think the secret with this dish is to make the chicken really thin. You can cut the chicken breasts across the middle to create thin little chicken steaks or you can use a kitchen hammer to pound the flesh thinner. Either way, thin steaks cook quicker and are easier to eat.
I am personally not a huge fan of eating chicken (my family is though) but I will lap this sauce over mashed potatoes or even jacket potatoes and it is sublime! If you can’t find Sundried Tomato paste, then you can easily just buy a bag of sundried tomatoes in oil and blend them (drain the oil though) or you could easily just leave them whole if that is your preference.
Oooooh yes, it is super yummy. The combination of cream , parmesan, mushroom, onion, sundried tomatoes and garlic is a combo made in heaven! Find the recipe below.
Enjoy you guys! If you love chicken recipes, you may also like these:
- Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Best Butter Chicken Recipe Ever
- Spicy Rice and Chicken Strips
- Easy Thai Chicken Curry
Delicious and easy tomato-based creamy chicken sauce that is perfect for a weeknight meal for the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half (to thin them out)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach, sliced/shredded
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 1 TBS oil and 1 TBS butter. Allow the butter to melt and the oil to heat up. Then, add the chicken pieces into the pan as well as the garlic and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes a side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in the remaining 1 TBS of oil and heat the oil up. Add the onions and allow to brown beautifully.
- Now add the mushrooms and allow to brown. Once browned, add the sundried tomato paste and stir through.
- Add the cream and parmesan cheese, stir through and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the baby spinach leaves and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve with mashed potato, rice or your favourite pasta.