Like I mentioned last month, I love soup and it’s the reason I’m posting a soup recipe again this month. If you are a soup lover too, you’ll find all my favourite soup recipes here.
This soup recipe was one of those where I just added some veggies to a baking tray and hoped for the best. The resulting soup was SO tasty I rushed to scribble down the recipe so I could make it again the following week. And since then, it’s been tried and tested many times. Many times.
Celery always imparts a wholesome salty flavour to any dish and if you’ve ever tried making homemade vegetable stock, you’ll know it’s the key ingredient for flavour. And that’s why this soup tastes so good – because of the celery! The potatoes add creaminess and the garlic and onion add to the earthy flavours.
As you’ll see from the ingredients, we have seven ingredients in total. Aren’t those the best recipes? Amen to small ingredient lists.
Garnish with chopped celery or bean sprouts or a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of black pepper. Keep it simple. Serve with toasted Ciabatta – never forget the Ciabatta! Enjoy!Print
A hearty Creamy Potato and Celery Soup which just happens to be vegan at the same time. Simple to make and delicious to eat, you’ll love this nutritious soup.
- 700g baby potatoes, cut in half
- +-15 celery stalks
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 60ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- On a baking tray, place the baby potatoes, celery stalks, garlic cloves (wrap the garlic cloves together in tinfoil to prevent them getting burnt) and onion. Drizzle with the olive oil and add a generous amount of freshly cracked black pepper and salt.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes until potatoes are soft and browned slightly.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a medium-sized pot, unwrap the garlic from the tinfoil and add that too. Pour in the vegetable stock and using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Use a food processor or stand blender if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with freshly baked bread or toasted ciabatta and vegan butter.