Let’s test your foodie knowledge once again by giving you another 10 food trivia questions. But first let’s take a look at the answers for the last 10 questions we gave you:
- In the United States. Its name has nothing to do with the biblical city, but is a corruption of the Italian word for sunflower; girasole.
- Pine nut
Here’s another 10 questions. The answers will be posted in the next food trivia post.
- What food is the leading source of salmonella poisoning?
- What nutty legume accounts for one sixth of the world’s vegetable oil production?
- What ingredient in fresh milk is eventually devoured by bacteria, causing the sour taste?
- What drupaceous fruit were Hawaiian women once forbidden by law to eat?
- What sticky sweetener was traditionally used as an antiseptic ointment for cuts and burns?
- What nation produces two thirds of the world’s vanilla?
- What falling fruit supposedly inspired Isaac Newton to write the laws of gravity?
- What hit the market alongside spinach as the first frozen veggies?
- What newly-imported substance caused the first major outbreak of tooth decay in Europe, in the1500’s?
- What country saw the cultivation of the first potato, in 200 A.D.?
[…] giving you another 10 food trivia questions. But first let’s take a look at the answers for the last 10 questions we gave […]